I am an experienced Linux Systems Administrator with a background in web/Email/DNS, Linux and virtualised hosting environments. I have been responsible for the management of customer systems and support and the 24/7/365 management of a Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD datacentre environment with around 500 Linux virtual machines, a number of Windows servers and all of the attendant UPS/power management/monitoring requirements.
I have a particularly good grasp of network topologies, services, protocols, implementation and have experience with routing, switching and firewalls.
I have excellent written and oral communication skills and am experienced in the writing and delivery of technical training, technical systems proposals and customer facing sales meetings.
- Linux: Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, server and OS builds manual or automated
- Windows: Server, Exchange, 2000/XP/Vista/7
- Other: Mac OS X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD
- Hosting: Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, BIND DNS, SSL certificates, domain registrations
- Email: Exim, Postfix, Sendmail, spam/virus filtering (spamassassin, AV engines, RBLs and greylisting)
- Virtualisation: Xen, KVM, VMware ESX, Virtualbox
- Monitoring: SNMP, Nagios, Cacti, MRTG
- Remote Management: IPMI, SSH, RDP
- Firewalls: IP Tables, PF, Sonicwall, other
CV and salary expectations on request to adam at adamsweet dot org.
If you’re looking for professional Linux/Open Source support, take a look at my company: Transitiv Technologies Ltd.